Friday, June 12, 2009

Relocation


Manzano State Park is an hour away 
from Albuquerque
on rough and winding roads
too far to commute
so I moved into the city.

One night at Walmart
noisy
smelly
sleep much interrupted
has relegated that option
to the bottom of the list.

Left early and parked outside
an art supply store
listening to my Open-Focus cd
while waiting for the store to open
so I could get a darker blue.

On my parents' recommendation
I took the Sandia Tramway
to the top of the world.



Spent a glorious morning 
hiking the crest 
ran into some old hams 
at the Kiwanis hut
running antennae
trying to talk to New Zealand
10,000 ft up with clear lines of sight in all directions
makes for one tall antenna.

Coronado Campground
between ABQ & Santa Fe
expensive (by my standards)
at $18/night
has showers
and electricity
and cell service
though no wifi
and a hell of a view.
It will do 
for my time here.

(I have yet to find a spot with the trifecta
power, wifi & cell service - two out of three is all I ever manage
if that)

The Coronado State Monument
next to the campground
offers an adobe workshop
this weekend
think I'll stick around
I love adobe

No comments:

Post a Comment